Better Than the Dentist: Brush Your Teeth with Turmeric and See What Happens to Plaque and Gum Disease!
Beautiful white teeth and a big bright smile is something everybody dreams of, right? That is why we decided to share this fantastic, natural and unbelievably efficient way to get those pearly whites you’ve always wanted.
Many people, and perhaps you yourself, have spent a lot of money on expensive teeth whitening products, most of which turned out to be quite ineffective and simply a waste of money. What’s more, almost all of these commercial teeth whitening products may damage your teeth and cause some of the following issues:
- Irritation to your gums;
- Receding gums;
- Brittle teeth;
- Oral infections or disease;
- Teeth becoming translucent;
- Teeth going yellow again, faster than before;
As you can see, these over-the-counter products pose serious risks, and their effects are usually short-lived and limited. For this reason, it is best to avoid their use and try the following natural and completely safe teeth whitening remedy instead.
The main ingredient in this recipe is turmeric, one of the most popular spices and superfoods nowadays. Even though it has a bright, yellow color, this spice acts as a powerful teeth whitener.
Here’s how to use turmeric for achieving pearly whites in no time:
- One way to use turmeric for teeth whitening is by combining this spice with some water and applying the paste to your teeth. Rub gently and rinse off.
- Another way to use this spice is the following:
- 2 capsules of turmeric powder ( ½ – 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- a few drops of peppermint oil
- Combine the above ingredients to form a paste.
- Then, wet your toothbrush and put some of the paste on it.
- Brush your teeth as usual, and then leave the paste on your teeth for about 3-5 minutes.
- Afterwards, spit and rinse off.
- Perform this treatment every day, for a whole week, to obtain best results.
Turmeric Is Beneficial for Your Oral Health
- Treats toothaches and oral infections
Due to its strong antibacterial and anti-viral properties, turmeric helps treat toothaches and oral infections.
- Fights gum irritation and inflammation
Turmeric possesses potent anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties, which help relieve gum irritation and inhibit inflammatory processes in the oral cavity.
- Decalcifies your pineal gland
The pineal gland suffers great damage due to the chemical-laden products you use daily. Nevertheless, turmeric has potent anti-inflammatory properties and neuroprotective benefits that help enhance the function of this gland.
- Prevents brain damage due to fluoride
Studies have shown that fluoride, which is found in almost all toothpastes, drinking water, non-stick pans, and antibiotics, among other things, is toxic to our body and brain. Fortunately, turmeric’s active compound, curcumin, successfully combats the harmful effects and protects brain from any damage.